Friday, October 05, 2007

SCARFE


This is a photo of a t-shirt I got from the Annecy Animation Festival, the first, and only animation event I have been to. I think it came with those stains, and the label advices against ironing...look, it's an old shirt and I couldn't find a large enough surface to lay it on flat. Plus I couldn't be bothered ironing it for the internet. Stop judging me.

Great design by Gerald Scarfe, which unfortunately, Disney deviated from drastically when they made their animated version. Why pay him any money to design your cartoon, when you have no intention of using his designs? Madness. Would have been a much better looking film. One thing I remember is that the goat guy had no butt crack. It was just too much for the folks at Disney. I think they should have taken it in the opposite direction. I've seen sheep with white\cream wool, but look around and they have the dirtiest arses out there. Disney should have had that character with a few dingleberries for realism.

That's all I got from annecy. Plus I got to see the Beavis and Butthead movie, James and the Giant Peach, and other such things I could have stayed at home and wait for to turn up on television...

Wasn't a worthwhile trip, I must admit. The area is quite scenic, and if it was just a holiday then it would be a good place to go. But I didn't meet any interesting animators. I'm not sure, but I don't think I met any animators at all. A few 'representatives' from this and that company. With nothing interesting to say for themselves.

I suspect I'm not a festival go-er. What is there to do? Walk around, and talk to someone's lawyer? Wow, fun. Please stop this crazy roller-coaster.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home