Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A GELFLING'S BROKEN PROMISE

I bought myself the DVD of The Dark Crystal some months ago. I haven't watched it yet, as I don't have a television. What I remember when I first watched it in the cinema was that it wasn't immediately apparent to me who were the good guys in this film. Those gelflings didn't seem trustworthy. It was something to do with the speed that they ran. It seemed supernatural to me, watching on that big screen. They had something to hide. And though I was used to puppets, with the Muppets Movie being a quality film [as is most things muppets], I couldn't figure out what was going on with these creatures. They were too thin to be people in suits [or were they? *wink wink*], and unlike the Muppets, you couldn't see the 'strings'. It didn't help that they had those freakish long fingers. What is a young boy to think?

This drawing is old [from last year], I finally managed to get some interest in finishing colouring it. Mainly because I'm ill. Erm, so blame that on the quality also.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Khatam said...

john k is telling us an evil, evil lie in this drawing!

2/13/2008 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger crsP said...

I guess the bills had to be paid. In blood. From a torn anus.

2/14/2008 04:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see how sycophantic and vicious Vincent Waller is from the comments section in Ryan Khatam's blog? This is a 47 yr old man were talking about.

A friend of mine said that he knew a guy who worked at Spumco during the original Ren and Stimpy,who told him the all Spumco guys were pricks, but I said "nahhh that guy is probably jealous or something" .Why did I have to be so cynical and not believe him?

3/23/2008 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger crsP said...

I read those comments. There seemed to be a pervasive 'fanboy' element. Not sure that I would generalise on the whole Spumco = pricks debate, you have to take people on an individual basis sometimes [though I'm open to the idea that a group may possess the same attitude]. It would be interesting to have a conversation with someone who worked there during the original Ren and Stimpy though. Negative or positive that experience may have been.

3/25/2008 02:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes,I think he was talking generally about John.K and the group mentality as a whole.But Im going to talk to the guy actual guy/s who worked there to find out more.You would think they all would be good natured and very friendly seeing how funny the original Ren and Stimpy was,but I guess there is a difference between a creator/s and their creation, very puzzling.The truth is out there Scully. doo do dah doo dah dooo,doo do dah doo dah dooo.do doo dah doo, dahhhh dooo, dahhhh dooo (xfiles theme song music)

3/26/2008 02:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home