Thursday, February 21, 2008

TURTLE SOUP

I didn't want to watch this show at first. The name was stupid, the anatomy looked like balloon animals. I was more into what John Buscema and Stan Lee was showing in How To Draw Superheroes - The Marvel Way! But  one innocuous day in Textiles class [you read correctly...] this guy had the teenage mutant comic book and I got curious. After my protests about the show, he tried to convince me that this comic was not much like the show - and one glance at those open pages was all the convincing I needed! Although I think I remember him saying that it was a Japanese import, and judging by what I found on the official comic pages, that could be possible. The official ones look a bit home made, I have to say. Anyway, from that point I was watching the show, and drawing over my school book covers with mutant ninja animals, all with ribbons and arm/knee pads, bandanas, and most oddly, shells. No reference here - it has been branded onto my memory cells. Do you like his mutant turtle vadge?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont understand the theme song "heroes in a half shell turtle power".I think the guy they hired to write the lyrics mistook the segmented front of the turtle shell for muscles then formed the idea that they then must have half a shell.

3/04/2008 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger crsP said...

mr tweeny, Yea, I remember wondering what a full shell was. Can't find anything on wikipedia about half shells.

Speaking of the theme tune, it was quite redundant on the whole. 'They're the world's most awesome fighting team' - They are mutant turtles, AND ninjas, how can they NOT be AWESOME?! haha

'They're heroes in a half shell and they're green'. Really? Green you say?

3/04/2008 07:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home